This page introduces the MVV(Mission-Vision-Value), our service and working style of oVice, a company that provides a 2-D virtual spaces for contingent online communication and collaboration.
- 1. Mission：Eliminate physical constraints from people's lives
- 2. Vision：Increase what you can do with remote communication
- 3. Values
- 4. Service
- 5. Workstyle
- 6. Members
- 7. Open Positions
- 8. More info
1. Mission：Eliminate physical constraints from people's lives
We are in the midst of a once-in-a-century pandemic, living in a world where it's becoming harder to meet people, visit new places, and even find opportunities. Through implementing the concept of virtual 'space' and 'distance', and integrating natural digital information, people's lives will be free from physical constraints.
2. Vision：Increase what you can do with remote communication
oVice replicates natural human approaches in an online environment. Starting with virtual 'standing/water-cooler conversations', oVice supports a wide range of applications like Happy Hours, conference meetings, and business management. By increasing the number of options for how to live (work), we can realize a free and enjoyable way of life (work) that suits us. In order to realize such a society, we provide virtual space systems to the world.
At oVice, we have four core values to help us in achieving our mission
- Do It Anyway If you are not sure whether you should do something or not, then do it
- Be Professional Be proud of your work and act
- Positive Communication Create positive communication to make users and members happy and positive
- 1+1>2 Generate big impact with team members
More details, including recommended actions based on the Values, are summarized here.
oVice - Business Metaverse
Virtual space where you can talk just like in-person Move closer to speak. Start with "Hi, do you have a minute?" Use oVice for remote work, events, and school. Take a look around our demo space Struggling with holding multiple online discussions at the same time With oVice, you can communicate just like in Real [...]
oVice is on a mission to humanize online communications for natural interactions. We help you coordinate meetups and real-time collaboration in a virtual world. Born on the web, manage remote teams, events, online classes, communities, and even an entire company in one space.
oVice has been expanding and growing month over month since our launch in August 2020. Although based in Japan, our team is global and we work fully remote. We’re looking for talented people who are keen on using new technology to elevate how people interact online.
Service Concept 「Virtual Real Estate」
We are providing a comfortable space, not a comfortable calling environment. If users want to create a personal space of their own, oVice considers it a real estate business that provides a suiting comfortable space. Because it's virtual, it's possible to reproduce daily life habits without a hassle. If you connect the floors, you can create an office, and by connecting offices together, it will end up as a building. Why not even create a whole city with connecting multiple buildings!
- We are a fully remote team, distributed among multiple countries. Our members mainly reside in the following time zones🌏
- UTC-8 ~ UTC-5 (United States)
- UTC ~ UTC+2 (Europe, North Africa)
- UTC+8 ~ UTC+10 (Asia Pacific)
- We work from anywhere in the world with a comfortable communication environment. oVice's tour page is where we work, so please feel free to take a look around! 💪
At oVice, we have members with many diverse backgrounds and experiences at oVice working towards achieving our mission.
We have a total of 150 employees globally, based in Japan, Korea, the U.S., Tunisia, Vietnam, and other countries.
more info （Interview Contents）
7. Open Positions
We need colleagues who can compete globally in order to realize various initiatives as quickly as possible, such as overseas expansion, investment in technology to accommodate hybrid work arrangements, and marketplace through API collaboration.
1. Document screening
After screening the documents, a recruiter will contact you to invite you for an interview. ※For engineers, there will be a skills test after passing the document screening.
Interviews with the person in charge of each position and the management team.
3. Trial Period
This is an opportunity to mutually confirm the fit with the culture and the business. You will communicate with members of the team through practical work. ※We offer a trial employment period of 2 weeks~1 month for both outsourcing and permanent employment (as outsourcing). ※We will share feedback during the period regardless of whether you are selected or not. ※There will be 2 1-on-1 sessions a week for support, totaling 7 sessions in a month.
Why we have "Trial Period" In order to enjoy the content, style, and communication with members, blend in and share the necessary information for OEM judgment.
- In order to share the information necessary to determine if we are a good fit for each other, we always have a "Trial Period" ( a contractor) where the employee actually works for at least 2 weeks to a month.
- there is no difference in authority between contractor and regular employees.
oVice offers various ways to communicate with applicants.
🏢 Casual interview
For those interested in knowing more about oVice or want to hear from our current members, we have a space where you can have an interview with our team.
👉 Please access the application form here
🏢 oVice Tour
Team members meet daily and work at our Demo space, so feel free to stop by!
8. More info
oVice - Medium
Create your own virtual space for your team, community, and organization. Host events and work together in one customizable world with oVice.